What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
Provide us with feedback on our products or services
We also may automatically collect information about your browsing actions, equipment, and usage patterns using server logs, cookies, and similar technologies.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways (with lawful basis for processing in parenthesis):
• To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested. (Necessary for our legitimate interests to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
• To improve our website in order to better serve you. (Necessary for our legitimate interests to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
• To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests. (Necessary for our legitimate interests to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature. (Performance of a contract with you, Necessary for our legitimate interests to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
• To quickly process your transactions. (Performance of a contract with you, Necessary for our legitimate interests to recover debts owed to us)
• To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products (Necessary for our legitimate interests to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
• To follow up after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries) (Necessary for our legitimate interests to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
At any time, you may email us at email@example.com to unsubscribe from marketing or click the “unsubscribe” button on any email communication from us.
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We have not enabled Google AdSense on our site but we may do so in the future.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Can change your personal information:
• By emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email
• Within 1 business day
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
• Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
• Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at email@example.com and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Release/Authorization to Use Photographs
You grant New Earth Events permission to use any and all photographs, or video or audio or digital recordings, taken by New Earth Events or its agents or employees, or submitted by you to New Earth Events (hereinafter “Photographs”) in any Media (including print, internet, film, television and no matter how distributed or published) for any purpose, which may include, but shall not be limited to, advertising, promotion, marketing and packaging of New Earth Events or any product or service sold and marketed by New Earth Events. You agree that this authorization to use Photographs may be assigned by New Earth Events to any other party. You agree that that the Photographs may be combined with other Photographs, sounds, text and graphics, and that the Photographs may be manipulated, cropped, altered or modified in New Earth Events’ sole discretion. You agree not to charge a royalty or fee, and not to make any other monetary assessment against New Earth Events in exchange for this Release and Assignment. You hereby release and forever discharge New Earth Events from any and all liability and from any damages you may suffer as a result of the use of the Photographs. You further acknowledge and agree that this Release is binding upon your heirs and assigns. You agree that this Release is irrevocable.
How can You opt-out, remove or modify information You have provided to us?
To change your email subscription, simply click the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of our emails. This will allow you to unsubscribe and / or change your notification settings.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to have your membership and /or payment information cancelled / removed. Please note that we may still maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping. The foregoing notwithstanding, all Photographs and all rights of use pertaining to such Photographs, will forever remain the property and rights of New Earth Events.
1862 Anthony Ct.
Mountain View, California 94040
Last Edited on 2018-10-16